Responsibilities as the Supervisor of Elections
- Administering all elections in Collier County
- Providing information and statistics on voter registration, voting and elections
- Voter education
- Issuing voter information cards
- Conducting voter registration
- Providing Vote-by-Mail voting
- Qualifying candidates for office
- Receiving campaign finance reports
- Maintaining election equipment
- Hiring and training election workers
- Renting and equipping polling places
Originally from Kentucky, Jennifer J. Edwards earned her Bachelor’s from the University of Kentucky and her Masters from Eastern Kentucky University. Jennifer has served as the Supervisor of Elections since 2000 and prior to that, held several key positions during her 13-year tenure with the Collier County Manager’s Agency including Budget Analyst, Assistant to the County Manager and Human Resources Director.
Jennifer is a State Certified Supervisor of Elections and was awarded her Master Florida Certified Elections Professional (MFCEP) designation from the Florida Supervisors of Elections (FSE), as well as a Certified Elections Registration Administrator (CERA) designation from the Election Center. Jennifer was also awarded a Chancellors Certificate in Public Administration from the International Association of Government Officials (IGO). Jennifer has served as the Treasurer, Secretary, President Elect, President, and Past President of the Florida Supervisors of Elections (FSE). In 2006, Jennifer was selected as one of American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) Women in History. Jennifer has served on several boards throughout Collier County including the United Way of Collier County’s Board and is currently a member of Leadership Collier, League of Women Voters and Marco Kiwanis. Jennifer is a graduate of the Leadership Collier and the Leadership Marco program.
Jennifer has lived in Collier County since 1984. She is married to Ronnie Edwards, and they have two children and three grandchildren.